Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Write...Something


I just want to write…something. 

I want it to be beautiful and complete. But there is laundry to be folded, dishes to wash and children to kiss goodnight.  I can’t possibly write the depth of what is prancing though my mind so I’ll just skim the surface in order to just write….

something.

Tomorrow evening, Boy and I will be attending a viewing for one of his high school friends. He and I have talked about this kind of day for many years. I knew it would come, but I wasn’t ready. I’m still not ready. I thought maybe when I was 80 and my friends started dying I wouldn’t mind so much, but 33?

On a lighter note.

My baby, is already 2 months old. He smiles and laughs. He makes me smile and laugh. I’m enjoying good mental health. I was worried... I wasn’t so fortunate with the last one.

The last book I read was “Wuthering Heights” by Emily Bronte over 4 months ago. I can’t believe I finished it because I hated it SO much! I couldn’t put it down.

I started sewing again. I made PJ’s for my kids this Christmas. I also started making the aprons I’ve been looking at for a while, but I didn’t get those finished yet and it’s ok.

I’m ok. I’m great actually. Quite busy, more than I’ve ever been, and although I am not allowed many opportunities to really think about the state of my being (or gussy up my blog posts with pictures or fancy fonts), I know that I’m happy and thankfully, today, that is enough.

Gwenevere


4 comments:

Katie said...

I am so sorry about your friend! I went to the link and when I read the title I thought it was a joke at first.

You hated wuthering height?!?! I have got to read it now...

Erin said...

I can't believe that about Stephanie! What a tragic death. I looked her up in the yearbook and barely remember her, she must have been a few years ahead of me.

Jessica said...

I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your friend. It's always shocking to be reminded how short life can be.

AmyJo said...

I am so glad to hear you are doing well. We can't wait to meet your little guys sometime :( Wish we were closer!